Welcome to the website of one of the most professional and loyal construction worker companies.
High Quality Service
We hire only professionals with the experience in our roofing services and trust can be earned by the means of hard work and honesty.
We offer offer reasonable prices for our services, as everyone deserves a good roof, but not everyone can afford quality roofing.
Our tests are brief yet hard, so we know about the skills of the person in no time, and we do our best to find and hire them.
We handle the most difficult tasks connected to the construction of buildings, focusing mostly on roofing services.
Roofing is a rather costly service, and not because of inflated prices but rather the necessity for time- and energy-consuming work. Check out your new home! However, when it comes to metal roofing, you can do on your own, especially if you have enough time, at least some basic knowledge in the field and – most importantly – are not afraid of heights.
Hardly ever does anyone comprehend the whole process at once unless they’re a former roofer WV. However, by splitting roofing into separate operations, you have a chance to succeed in it.
How to Do Roofing Project Independently
#1 Preparatory Works
Whether it comes to a roof repair project or any other type of work, it all starts with preliminary calculations. First of all, you should determine the materials that you will need and make the necessary measurements. Note that bends and edges slightly complicate the process.
Once you complete pre-calculations and measurements, make sure the following instruments are by your hand: a hammer, angle grinder, marker, screwdriver, heater, measuring tape, waterproof film, self-tapping screws and metal tile.
#2 Installation of Rafters
Any reliable and proficient company, would start roofing with the installation of rafters. The following actions are required:
- Calculate the step and sectional angle (the permissible step is from 60 to 95cm for 100x50mm and 150x150mm beams).
- Treat the material with an antiseptic and make sure the moisture content of the wood doesn’t exceed 22%.
- Drill 2cm holes and a 30cm step on the side of the rafters to ensure the rectangular form of the roof. As for the slope, it should be at least 14 degrees.
- Install the cornice board under the hook of the gutter. Cut grooves at the rafters and the grooves for the hooks of the gutter.
- Make a roof overhang. This is quite a risky job to do, so it may be better to hire experienced metal roofing contractors.
Take a horizontal bar and attach it to the wall, making sure it is the same level with the frontal bar. Attach the transverse bars between the frontal and horizontal parts. Once you do it, cover the lathing with some cladding material. Make sure to leave gaps for ventilation.
#4 Drain Hooks
Use long hooks and fasten them before you start the roofing process. Attach the hooks to the cornice board or rafters. The distance between the hooks and rafters should be equal.
#5 Waterproof Layer and Cornice
The waterproof film will protect the roof from moisture, wind, and mold. To strengthen the film, use a construction stapler. Lay the film with some overlap (ideally about 15 cm); isolate the overlapped areas with adhesive tape.
The cornice will cover the under-roof space and protect it from moisture and debris.
#6 Completion: Roofing Itself
If up to this point you’re no longer sure of your abilities, it may be better to look for the estimate cost and hire professionals. If you do believe in yourself and hope to make the roof high-quality, comply with these several basic rules:
- Lay metal tiles in different directions, beginning with the very first sheet. Use the wave-to-wave principle: for example, if you decide to lay from the right side to the left, the lowest wave should be covered by the upper wave. This excludes the roof rolling.
- Make a horizontal alignment of the cornice on the surface slope with the use of a small overhang of about 5 cm.
- Lay the first sheet from right to left and then align it against the cornice and the butt. Fix it with a self-tapping screw in the center of the ridge and lay the next sheet. Repeat the algorithm for four sheets and then mount the metal tile on the lathing. When all the rows are stacked, you can do the fastening.
These six steps above may seem to be too complex, but actually you don’t have to be to complete them. All you need is patience and attention to detail.